Question asked:


Hi Alan, I have a client who has a green cert. Her parents want to transfer the farmland, farmyard and farmhouse to their daughter (my client). Can the daughter in this case satisfy the "active farmer" requirement when claiming agricultural relief on the gift, if she leases at least 75% of the value of the farm back to her father who we assume is deemed an active farmer. It is more income tax efficient. She would lease it to her father for 6 years at a nominal rent of €1 per year? I know there is a gift here to father but threshold covers that. Regards, Paul.

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 38, Answers: 17)
Asked on 27 February 2020 12:04 pm