Question asked:


Farmer aged over 55 had transferred the majority of his land to his sons and claimed retirement land. Received a lump sum from the ESB in exchange for the Grant of a Building Easement on his land for transmission of lines crossing his property . Under S535(2) of the TCA 1997 Revenue specifically include a lump sum payment to farmers for the granting of easements as a disposal for Capital gains tax purposes. My query is whether or not retirement relief can be claimed separately on this deemed disposal?

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 19, Answers: 11)
Asked on 12 March 2019 3:10 pm