Question asked:


My client, aged 66, owns his principal private residence jointly(50/50) with his son. Both of them reside in the house. He wishes to gift his half share, worth €150k, in the property to his son, but wishes to have a right to reside there for the rest of his life. What tax implications are there for my client, as parent? Does the right to reside give rise to a CAT charge for my client as the parent or does the fact that he is gifting the property to his son in the first place mean that this does not apply this?

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 89, Answers: 7)
Asked on 10 June 2019 3:52 pm