Non-Irish-resident individuals

If you are non-Irish-resident, you are taxed on Irish source income, i.e., income arising in the ROI.

If you are non-Irish-resident but ordinarily resident in the ROI, you are liable to Irish tax on foreign investment income in excess of €3,810 in the tax year. You are not liable in respect of income from an employment or trade carried on abroad (s 821).

If you are a resident of a country that has a tax treaty with the ROI, you may be exempt, or due a credit, in relation to tax on Irish source income if that income is also taxed in the treaty country (see Double Taxation).